Kaspersky Removal Tool: A Complete Guide
Kaspersky is a well-known antivirus software company that offers a variety of security products for home and business users. If you’ve ever used a Kaspersky product and decided to uninstall it, you may have found that the standard Windows uninstaller doesn’t always remove everything. That’s where the Kaspersky Removal Tool comes in.
What is the Kaspersky Removal Tool?
The Kaspersky Removal Tool is a free utility that helps you completely remove Kaspersky Lab products from your computer. It’s important to use this tool if you’re having trouble uninstalling Kaspersky through the usual channels, as residual files and registry entries can cause problems with other software and even make your computer more vulnerable to malware.
How to Use the Kaspersky Removal Tool
Download the Kaspersky Removal Tool from the official Kaspersky website.
Save the file to your desktop or another location where you can easily find it.
Once the download is complete, double-click on the file to run the tool.
You will see a welcome screen. Click on the “Next” button to continue.
Select the Kaspersky product you want to remove from the list.
Click on the “Start” button.
The tool will remove the Kaspersky product from your computer. This may take a few minutes.
Once the removal is complete, you will see a confirmation screen. Click on the “Finish” button to close the tool.
Things to Keep in Mind
- The Kaspersky Removal Tool will remove all traces of the selected Kaspersky product from your computer, including your license key. If you want to reinstall the product later, you will need to purchase a new license.
- The tool will not remove other antivirus software that is installed on your computer.
- If you are having trouble using the Kaspersky Removal Tool, you can contact Kaspersky support for help.
Additional Features of the Kaspersky Removal Tool
- The Kaspersky Removal Tool can also be used to remove remnants of other antivirus software programs.
- The tool can be run in Safe Mode, which can be helpful if you are having trouble removing Kaspersky because of malware.